Friday 15 March 2013

Designosaur Yeah!

Here is a little post about Designosaur (probably the first little post of many about them.) 

Designosaur are a two-part jewellery and accessory making team machine, comprised of girl (Karli) and boy (Jacques). As the name might suggest, they deal in dinosaurs, but the extinct covers only a small portion of their selection. They have a blog and an etsy and a twitter and everything you'd want from your jewellery designers.

I've been lending myself to them in terms of photography ever since they really started branding and selling their items. I was, and am, still learning about these sort of processes, and I feel that, now, over time, we have both used our talents to compliment each other. They get photos to show off their products, I get photos of pretty things and people to add to my portfolio.

So last week, roughly nearly nine months since our first shoot with the wonderful Heather and Elaine,  Karli, her lovely sister Amelia and myself took to the studio once more with some brand new Designosaur products, and here are some of the results.


Amelia w/Dodo

Amelia sans Dodo, replaced with Lichtenstein inspired goodness


Amelia was awesome to work with because she's very good at pulling poses that just seem to work perfectly, and compliment the lighting set up that we had going on. Especially on that top photo, the way the soft pink light is reflecting onto one side of her face is just lovely.




Smiley Dendy


And of course, the obligatory image of Karli being a massive goon to round everything off
Sister Sister

A pretty darn successful trip to the studio, if you ask me. Which you didn't, but I'm telling you it was.

2 comments: